Each described route has the following elements:
* basic site and route information box with route grading
* introduction to site/route
* best conditions and safety factors
* route mapping with co-ordinates and cylinder detail
* photographs on many routes to illustrate route or terrain/site
* grading colour bar on map page
Photo: looking back from Kirkfell along the Ennerdale Valley - part of the DD Challenge graded BLACK!
Introductions to each flying area with supplementary articles, essays and advice by leading local pilots.
* Dave Ashcroft on flying the western Lakes
* Kitt Rudd on finding good lines and local 'hotspots'
* Pat Dower on preparation
* Mike Cavanagh on convergence possibilities and the need for a flexible approach
* Dave Smart on finally achieving the Three Peaks Challenge
* Mike Endacott provides a flavour of the Langdales - and escaping it!
* Pete Logan suggests why Dodd is a whole lot better than Wether Fell.
Photo: Kitt Rudd prepares for flight